Kolab Server 3.4 on CentOS 32bit Feedback/Question (ActiveSync Outlook 2013)

Soliva Andrea soliva at comcept.ch
Tue Jul 28 15:26:31 CEST 2015

Hi

here another feedback of tests which means focusing on Calender, Contact
and Notes using the "main" Calender and "main" Contact ("not" the
personal one):

Using IPad 8.4 (ActivSync), IPhone 8.4 (ActiveSync), Outlook 2013 (Win 7
latest Patch on OS and Office 2013 both 32bit) on same account. Did
following test:

!!!!!! Master is "roundcubemail" which means creating initially all
contacts, calender entries and notes etc. within "roundcubemail" !!!!!!

--> ActiveSync IPad/IPhone getting all information from Calender,
Contact, Notes including all details from Contact like birthday etc.
including personal information which was added. It works really great
:-)

--> ActiveSync Outlook 2013 getting all information from Contacts (some
detailed personal information is not available but is a Outlook
restriction), "no" Notes (not possible), "no" Calender!

What is funny is that I will not get any Calender information within
Outlook 2013 from "roundcubemail" which means: if I create a new entry
in "roundcubemail" I see the new entry from "roundcubemail" within
"Outlook 2013" for some seconds but it disapears afterwards asap. I do
not know why?

On the server ActiveSync is in debug and I do not see any errors which
indicating that it would be not recognized on Outlook 2013 site. If I
create a entry within Outlook 2013 I see the entry in "roundcubemail"
asap as it will be sync to IPad/IPhone. If I create a entry within
IPad/IPhone it will be sync to "roundcubemail" but not Outlook 2013.

I deleted the .ost file as the corresponding entries for Outlook 2013
and I fetsched from scratch all information (deleting caching
information) but even this did not solve the behaviour. What I also
recognize is that if a contact is sync to Outlook 2013 the personal info
as example "children" is not fully provided because Outlook 2013 is not
able to show such  information. If such a contact with personal info on
"roundcubemail" site within Outlook 2013 is opened (which comes
initially from "roundcubemail") and modified it is sync to
"roundcubmail" personal information is getting lost. This is not nice
because "roundcubemail" is providing really nice contact Information and
this info is fully also sync to IPad/IPhone.

At least or more or less at the end I deleted everything on everydevice
and used as Master Outlook 2013 which means every initial information is
coming from Outlook 2013. All information is sync overall devices etc.
but for the
calender the same situation meaning if IPad/IPhone or "roundcubemail" is
creating a calender entry it is not sync to Outlook 2013!

Is this a default behaviour for Outlook 2013 or ....?
--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Andrea Soliva

Email: andrea.soliva at comcept.ch