wallace only on submission

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Jul 3 23:53:14 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm a little bit confused about the mail flow with amavis and wallace.
As described in https://docs.kolab.org/upgrade-guide/kolab-3.3.html the
mail flow is:

  postfix recieves mail on 25/578 -> amavis -> wallace -> postfix

configured with

127.0.0.1:10025     inet        n       -       n       -       100
smtpd
    -o cleanup_service_name=cleanup_internal
    -o content_filter=smtp-wallace:[127.0.0.1]:10026
    -o local_recipient_maps=

and activated the footer module in wallace results for me in an footer
on each _incoming_ mail - which is not what I want ;-).

In my understanding wallace is meant to be an content filter for
internal and outgoing email. In which case we need it for incoming mails?

I use amavis as a proxy_filter which means to enable amavis and wallace
for submission i need a additional configuration:

submission          inet        n       -       n       -       -
smtpd
    -o cleanup_service_name=cleanup_submission
    -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
    -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header=yes
    -o smtpd_data_restrictions=$submission_data_restrictions
    -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=$submission_recipient_restrictions
    -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$submission_sender_restrictions
    -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024

What's the way to use amavis for incoming (as proxy filter) and outgoing
mail but wallace only for outgoiing mail?

Thanks and Kind Regards
Jan