permissions and groups

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Jul 3 21:01:50 CEST 2015

Hi Gustav,

Am 03.07.2015 um 13:42 schrieb Gustav Spellauge:
> hello,
>
> how is it possible for a user to grant permissens on one of his objects
> (mails, addressbooks, .., tasks) to a group of users.
>
> - created a group 'testers' containing 3 users using kolab-webadmin
>
> one of our users tries to grant access to his addressbook:
> - he clicks the +-sign, ticks the user-option and enters testers into
> the imput field, testers is displayed prefixed by the group symbol in
> the selection box
> - he selects testers and the content of user input field chages to
> group:testers,
> - when he clicks the save-button an errorbox with the string 'Unable to
> add access rights' is displayed. changing group:testers,to group:testers
> (without the ,) does not help.

I have similar problems. I guess it has to do with the possibilities to
set acl based on groups or roles. The default in the cyrus.conf is role.
It's possible to set it on command line. I didn't figure out how to do
the same with groups nor how to set up role based acls in roundcube.

Also have a look at the thread a few day's ago "Scaling the setup of
shared folders ?"

Best Regards
Jan