delegation across domains

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Sat Jan 31 07:16:43 CET 2015

Hello Jan,

> Now I want to configure that user1 at example.org can send mail as
> info at private-domain.com.
>
> The normal delegation configured in kolab work's only inside the same
> domain name space.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> I want to use this as workaround for "aliases" across domain. Or is
> there another aproach?

I have something in my TBits scripts for ISPs, that you can select an
alias from another domain, if the domain administrator owns that other
domain. It involves some manual work as well, to manually change the
virtual alias file.
see
https://github.com/TBits/KolabScripts/blob/master/kolab/patches/validateAliasDomainPostfixVirtualFileBug2658.patch

It does not do what you need, it does not allow sending emails from the
cross-domain alias I think.

But perhaps you can use my patch to do something similar (in that case
moving this discussion to the devel mailinglist...)

All the best,
   Timotheus