Kolab with dovecot 2.2.13, calendar problem

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Mon Jan 26 10:24:22 CET 2015

El Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 10:43:45AM +0100, zero one va escriure:
> Hi,
> I have successfully installed dovecot 2.12.13 with kolab and everything is running fine exept of calendar. I can add events but I am not able to change calendars' color nor am I able to add additional calendars. In addition the calDAV link does not word.
> The iRony log shows:Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated (EXCEPTION);No basic authentication headers were found

For the metadata support I guess you have been bitten by a bug fixed by this
commit:

  https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/0d273c9a9760155adcf64b1bece48855e20e0b0d

I was planning to report it for the 3.3 packages, but I moved to using the
development packages where it is already fixed and forgot about it; in
fact the bug does not show up with cyrus because it seems to to return the
relevant data first, and while the result is still wrong the effects go
unnoticed.

> I assume I have some problems with the calendar UID an dovecot metadata. Did I miss anything in my configuration?
> I followed this how-to:https://kolab.org/blog/widder/2014/11/22/howto-use-dovecot-instead-cyrus-kolab-3.2

I have iRony working but I'm not usign the 'kolab_auth' plugin (on my setup I
validate users against the dovecot server directly); probably your problem is
related to the 'kolab_auth' configuration, to be sure you can try to
authenticate directly and see what happens; you can do it simply editing the
/etc/iRony/dav.inc.php and removing the 'kolab_auth' plugin:

  $config['kolabdav_plugins'] = array();

Hope that helps.

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2