Kolab behind a NAT

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Jan 21 02:03:30 CET 2015

Not sure who you are responding to, but I'm guessing you missed the part
where I said I get the same behavior both inside my network (without
going through a proxy) and outside my network (through the proxy). There
is no difference in behavior with regards to the messed-up iCal URL that
Kolab is generating.

I tried getting the iCal URL using the following configurations:

1. External to the network, through the proxy.
2. External to the network, over VPN, directly connected to the mail
server...no proxy.
3. Internal to the network, directly to the mail server...no proxy.

The result in all three cases was the same.  Kolab (or Roundcube) gave a
misformed iCal URL, as shown in my response below.

A correctly configured proxy configuration works just fine with Kolab.
I've been using it in that configuration for over 2+ years.

On 2015-01-20 5:41 pm, Scott Damron wrote:

> Yes, that is where NAT out performs a proxy, as it rewrites all
> requests. Another option would be to require a VPN connection into your
> LAN in order to access the system without these kinds of issues.
>
> FROM: "Carpenter, Troy" <troy at carpenter.cx>
> SENT: Jan 20, 2015 4:31 PM
> TO: users at lists.kolab.org
> SUBJECT: Re: Kolab behind a NAT
>
>> On 2015-01-16 9:58 am, alby87 at inwind.it wrote:
>>> It worked really well: I had to install more "reverse proxies" (one
>>> for
>>> iRony,
>>> one for kolab-webadmin, one for roundcubemail, etc..), but using this
>>> "proxies", and the X-Forwarded-For Header all but one problems went
>>> away!
>>>
>>> Many thanks!
>>>
>>> The only problem is just iCal: the URL generated start with a ./?
>>> _task=calendar&_action=feed&_cal= and the code of the calendar.
>>> Putting
>>> this
>>> code as is isn't working (just as expected, there isn't any reference
>>> to my
>>> base URL). It doesn't show even on my LAN connection, I'm doing some
>>> more thing
>>> wrong? Thank you for your patience :)
>>
>> I am running a similar configuration as you, except I'm using Apache
>> do the proxy. I don't think the problem you are describing is specific
>> to using a proxy because I get the same result using the Kolab server
>> from within my network (as well as through the proxy when I'm outside
>> the network).
>>
>> When I highlight one of the calendars in my setup, and select "show
>> calendar URL". I got this in the dialog box:
>>
>> ./?_task=calendar&_action=feed&_cal=dHJveUBjYXJwZW50ZXIuY3g6VENSb1pYSWdWWD5sY25NdmJHRjFjbUV2UTJGc1pXNWtZWEk%3D.ics
>>
>> When I replaced the leading "." with my server fqdn and put that in a
>> web browser, I ended up at the Kolab login screen instead of
>> downloading
>> the calendar.
>>
>> I would like to get this working. I have a number of processes where I
>> need the ics file, and cannot use CalDAV.
>>
>> BTW, the displayed CalDAV link works just fine. I tested it with a
>> CalDAV client on my Android phone.
>>
>> Troy Carpenter
>> troy at carpenter dot cx

Troy Carpenter