Kolab behind a NAT

alby87 at inwind.it alby87 at inwind.it
Fri Jan 16 11:24:44 CET 2015

Hi! Thanks to all your suggestion, my Kolab installation is working fine! Well, almost :) I've a little problem:
Kolab is installed inside a dedicated (virtual) machine with his own private IP, and is behind a router. Just natting the correct port to the server, all the service are working goods, the problem is all about the http services, as they should share the company website with another machine.
I configured a reverse proxy in Nginx, (and I will put the configuration below) to have the "normal website" managed by it, and all the things related to Kolab redirected to the right machine.

The problem is: some http service don't work as they should: the "show calendar URL" use internal IP (192.168.xx.xxx), and if substitute with myadress.com/webmail/iRony/... it works, but I can't (for example) update the calendar.
Also the preview on webmail didn't work, and also the files section on Roundcube.
What's the correct strategy? I have tought of one, but I need a confirmation:
1)Create on the main webserver as many reverse proxies as "directory" used by Kolab (one for roundcube, one for kolab-admin, etc...)
2)Change the /etc/network/hosts file to connect to our public IP
But this would create a 123.123.123.123/iRony/etc... URL, where I would prefer the myadress.com/iRony

Hope I don't have confused you with my request :)

My Nginx configuration about the reverse proxy

location /webmail {		proxy_pass http://192.168.24.53/;		client_max_body_size 40M;	}

Many thanks :)