Fwd: kolab authentication

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Jan 9 20:02:57 CET 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 11:38 +0200, Mohamed Aly wrote:
> Hello
>

> Iam new to kolab system i could install and finish the setup
> successfully but iam already running a mail system and authenticate
> users from local pam , so i need to migrate to kolab but i want to
> keep authentication as it is from local pam . is it possible? and how?

Hello Mohamed,

  I doubt you can use local users. Kolab is designed to use an LDAP
backend for authentication. If you mean you want to have a local
shell/homedir for ssh login to the system by using a pam configuration
that speaks to LDAP that's another story and I would expect it is doable
but I'm not experienced enough to tell you how.

--
Nathanael