wallace trouble, primary/alias addresses, lightening vs webmail

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 11:02:05 CET 2015

Hi,

still running kolab 3.3 with single domain on debian x64 and still have
some trouble which is showing with wallace...

sometimes invitations to join a date are auto accepted, sometimes they
are not. I found out which parameters are causing wallace to fail

- invitations sent to primary email address: works
- invitations sent to alias address (uid at domain.tld): does not work
- invitations sent to alias address (somethingsomething at domain.tld):
does not work

additionally, when using thunderbird+lightening (but I suspect other
clients as well)

- sending one invitation with multiple receivers: only one person will
auto accept
- sending one invitiation for each person: works

Webmail works quite alright since it choses primary emails and I guess
is sending single invites.
And I should be able to force other clients to send multiple invitations
one for each person as well.

But I feel that something, not neccesarily wallace, is not working right
when primary email and alias addresses (or at least the uid) are not
treated the same.

I had other instances where not-using-the-uid-or-primary-email caused
some headache and I still suspect that this is not entirely by-design or
at least out-of-neccesity. Which brings me back to ptload errors,
something that I get a lot, still looks like it has something to do with
the whole uid/primary/alias associatons and I still have no clue how I
might fix it myself...

All in all, I would like to figure out

- if this is normal or if something is wrong with my installation (and
how may I fix it?)
- if it is normal, can I fix it myself or will this be changed (and I
would strongly suggest it should, why have aliases when they are not
exactly useless but will just cause trouble.)

thanks
Mat