How to start ktimezoned?

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Mon Jan 5 14:58:43 CET 2015

Hi,

does anyone here knows how to start ktimezoned?

In /var/log/messages I've got many errors like this:
Jan  4 04:00:31 mail httpd: (04:00:31) commonconversion.cpp(46):
ktimezoned is not available and required for timezone interpretation

I've installed some kde base packages to get ktimezond, but it looks
like it is a dbus activated service. If I try to activate it manually
like so:

qdbus --system ktimezoned

I get the following error:
process 26593: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call() were
incorrect, assertion "destination == NULL ||
_dbus_check_is_valid_bus_name (destination)" failed in file
dbus-message.c line 1265.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.

After looking further into it, it seems that ktimezoned is just a pluing
for kded. But I cannot start kded because it needs a running X server...

I'm running kolab 3.3 on CentOS 7. Anyone here having ideas?

Thanks!
Conny