Kolab 3.2 and php

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Fri Feb 27 18:12:33 CET 2015

On Thursday, February 19, 2015 03:28:17 PM Daniel Hoffend wrote:
> >> After upgrading php, you have to rebuild the php-xxx packages with the
> >> new php.
> >> (need to upgrade php-devel also before rebuilding)
> >
> > I´m afraid I cant´t follow you. What do you mean with php-xxx? And how
> > do I achieve that as a simple yum update doesn ´t do the trick?
>
> kolab ships 2 php extentions php-kolab and php-kolabformat that take
> care of kolab-xml parsing etc. On a newer PHP version you've to compile
> those packages against the php-versions you're running.
>
> No ... there's no simple yum update trick for this.
>
> --
> Daniel

And last but not least, php has a lot of security issues and the Distros are (should be) taking care
of those with patches and upgrades. If you upgrade your own (building it instead of upgrading from
your distro) you need to apply those patches, especially when you server is on the internet.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63