partial upgrade

Trogdor Wasaman trogdor at gabrielforster.com
Fri Feb 27 12:46:01 CET 2015

I suppose I wasn't clear. I would be setting up new servers for each piece
and moving the mailboxes over from Kolab 2 to Kolab 3, not doing an
in-place upgrade. What I am wondering is if I would be able to do that
piece by piece due to resource constraints. As in setting up new Roundcube
servers first and then switching to them and shutting the old ones down.
Then setting up new frontends and switching to them, shutting down the old
ones. Setting up new postfix servers, switching, then shutting down the
old. Then setting up new backends, migrating the mailboxes and switching to
them, and shutting down the old ones.

Is that possible? If so, what would the preferable order be? Obviously, it
would be best to do the entire environment at once, but I am constrained at
the moment by resource availability. And yes, I need multiple servers for
split services - I have tens of thousands of mailboxes to work with.