Use of the Privacy Field on Events

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Thu Feb 26 13:21:04 CET 2015

What is the use of the Privacy Field on Events?

I mean, I know that if you mark an event as confidential the Roundcube
interface adds a label, but is it possible to map this label to access levels
(i.e. on SOGo it is possible to adjust what can be seen from an event
depending on the label, like, show all information for public events, show
only date and time for confidential events and hide the event completely for
private ones).

I've explained to my users how to manage visibility using multiple calendars:

- No permissions on their main Calendar so users can see their events date and
  time but nothing else

- Public calendar inside the main Calendar with read permissions for everybody

- Confidential calendars inside the main Calendar with read persmissions for
  their teams

- A top level Calendar without permissions for anyonw for totally hidden
  events (as far as I've seen the information does not appear on the freebusy
  calendar)

But if there is a way to map some of that to the event labels I would like to
know it.

Thanks in advance,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2