Poor Roundcube performance with default configuration

Enrico Tagliavini enrico.tagliavini at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:56:24 CET 2015

Thank you that's useful to know, however that page says you must keep
synchronous mode for ext2fs, while with any other newer file system (a
very relative concept) the synchronous mode should not be necessary.
It would be nice to have some more details on that, like why ext2
needs to be sync and newer file systems do not. The only reason I can
think of is ext2 is not journaled (which makes sense to me).

The kolab documentation doesn't talk about journal or file system
specific notes, it talks about battery backed cache, which has nothing
to do with sync mode. That's what confused me, the kolab doc is, in my
humble opinion, wrong with the argument about battery backed cache and
should probably be replaced with journaled file system. Anybody
disagree with this?

Best regards.
Enrico