Kolab - Seafile interoperation - request for information about current status and/or assistance with setup

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Sun Dec 27 11:12:01 CET 2015

On 12/26/2015 06:23 PM, indev at tangodelta.pl (Bartosz Bednarski) wrote:
> I don't have a private Kolab installation, but a subscription at Kolab Now.

The Seafile support features has to be enabled by system administrator.
(The same for WebDAV support in recent version).

KolabNow has this disabled.

> Nowhere I have found a complete guide how to use the seaf-cli or
> seafile-client with Kolab. The closest thing was this:

Note, as it's not clear for everyone, you can use seafile client
applications only with seafile server. Kolab has its own file storage,
seafile storage(s) can be added to it (and made accessible in Kolab),
but you can't connect seafile client applications to Kolab storage. In
other words to make use of seafile apps you'd have to not store files in
Kolab folders.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer