Kolab / Roundcube very slow

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Mon Dec 21 10:56:04 CET 2015

On Monday December 21 2015 11:13:25 Young, Marcus wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> we have been testing Kolab as a replacement for Zimbra. The main issue
> we have is that the interface (Roundcube) is really really slow - almost
> unusable. When clicking on an email to view it can take upwards of 20
> seconds to display. I assume that there is a configuration issue - but I
> have no idea where to look. I have worked through a number of "fixes"
> such as

There could be lots of different things causing this in your particular setup.

- How many users experience this, or is it only you?
- How many users in total, and how many simultaneous users (how high is the
server load)?
- Is the slowness only in roundcube, are IMAP operations with other clients
operating normally?
- Is the slowness in all folders, and all messages, or only particular folders
and/or messages.
- How is roundcube configured to connect to IMAP?
- Is the webmail over http:// or https://
- Is this limited to one particular browser, or all browsers?
- Is this connecting on an internal network, or public IP?
- Is the DNS, hostname, etc. configured properly?
- Is this a virtual server?  Or physical hardware?   What kind of hardware /
CPU, Memory, etc.

The last deployment I did a few months ago was ubuntu 14.04, and it has been
running without issue.

Andy