Activesync not always syncing read status from server to mobile device

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Mon Dec 14 21:26:03 CET 2015

On 2015-12-14 3:11 pm, Carpenter, Troy wrote:
> On 2015-12-14 10:26 am, Cornelius Hald wrote:
>> I've got that issues as well on Kolab 3.3. but didn't yet bother to
>> investigate. Sorry :/
>
> No need to apologize.  I ask because I seem to remember it way back in
> 3.3 as you say, and it carried into 3.4 and 3.5 Development.
>
> I just did another test.  It looks like Syncroton will not mark more
> than five emails at a time, either read or unread.  I could do one at
> a time with the automatic "mark as read" feature, and even select 3 or
> for and mark them in bulk.  But after that it appeared that only 5
> emails would get marked on the mobile device no matter how many were
> done at the same time in Roundcube.  After that Roundcube and the
> mobile device are out of sync with respect to the read status.
>
> I have not tried it in the mobile to kolab direction.

One follow-up to my own post.

I tested from mobile to Roundcube by marking 15 emails as unread, then
sync.  All 15 changed to unread in Roundcube.  I then marked the same 15
as read in mobile, synced, and they changed to read in Roundcube.  I
marked the same 15 as unread again in mobile and synced.  This time,
when the 15 changed to unread in Roundcube, I marked all 15 as read in
the web interface.  When I synced the device again, only the oldest 5
emails were marked as read on the mobile device...the first 10 were left
marked unread.

Next step will be to repeat the test and get Syncroton logs.