Deactivate User

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Thu Dec 10 18:37:18 CET 2015

Hi

Yes LDAP roles are the most elegant way to do so. But just assigning
roles won't change the applications. You still have to adjust the
ldap filters of the applications that are actually using them.

You can change the ldap settings of kolab.conf (for saslauthd),
postfix for local_receipient lookups and roundcube webmail. But
you've to test it out first cause doing it the wrong way kolabd
(aka the imap sync component) could delete/remove the users IMAP
folders if the user will no longer be found.

Another way would be to do it via LDAP ACLs. Disallowing to auth
themself against LDAP (if he has the "suspended" role) will lock
him out of all ldap based applications including the webadmin
while he still can be found by kolabd or in the global addressbook
(in the ldap you've to adjust the filter not to include him ...).
You still have to filter him out of the postfix lists otherwise
postfix will still accept mails.

whatever you do ... do it on a test installation so you can learn
how the various components are linked together and which actions
will produce which result ...

--
Regards
Daniel