Cyrus Update for Kolab 3.4

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Wed Dec 9 11:46:15 CET 2015

On Wednesday December 9 2015 10:10:47 Daniel Hoffend wrote:
> Hi Andy
>
> the patch I've applied is this one:
> https://cyrus.foundation/cyrus-imapd/commit/imap/cyr_expire.c?id=24c597fac9a
> 464940eb6c4fc5131df0b39d5c86a
>
> The package management update request in OBS
> https://obs.kolabsys.com/request/show/1056

Cool,  nice to know.

> What version if cyrus package/version did/do you've installed? Does
> your mail.log reports that messages are regularly are being expunged?
> Cause my mail.log was reporting every night that nothing got expunged
> up until now.

I am seeing the same message(s) you experienced. Additionally though :

<mail.log>
Dec  7 04:02:57 mail cyr_expire[5301]: duplicate_prune: purged 6175 out of
8146 entries
</mail.log>

Not sure what that exactly means, and I'm not really inclined to do the
research to find out.

Thinking about this scenario a little more ... considering the delayed expunge
is almost 2.5 months (69 days), and this server has been up for 4, that's not
going to create a tremendous (maybe/obviously even noticeable) amount of disk
space being chewed up.

I was thinking there would be more, but I guess not.   From doing some more
digging, and wading through some lists of deleted emails, it does appear that
there are message set to expire more than 69 days that have not.   My bad ...
it just didn't seem like an issue, but obviously would have become one at some
point.

Thanks for pumping out the package.

Andy