Dovecot instead of Cyrus

Pietro Vassalli p.vassalli at waterline.ch
Thu Dec 3 08:49:46 CET 2015

Hi Gerald,

I've been using dovecot for more than 10 years and I find it more
reliable rather than cyrus.

But this is my personal thinking.

After Rosali left myroundcube project I've been investigating for a
different solution and I've found out that kolab does a tons of
functions I'm looking for.

Unfortunately cyrus is supported by kolab enterprise, while dovecot not.

So now: you can have it working but many functions, developer for cyrus
are not working 100%.

My problems are with calendar, contacts and shared folder especially.

You can find some guides around and, if you are familiar with linux,
you'll manage to have it working.

The problem is that, actually, I've not found out a system for migrate
natively (filesystem conversion) dovecot maildir to cyrus.

You can convert your mailboxes using other systems, like imapsync or
offlineimap.

Regards,

Pietro