How to enable debug logging in kolab_smtp_access_policy ?

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Thu Aug 13 21:56:18 CEST 2015

Hi,
start kolab-server and wallace with debug enabled.
Both log to pykolab.log.
There you should find sufficient output to debug your problem.

/etc/default/kolab-server:
FLAGS="-l debug -d 9"

/etc/default/wallace:
FLAGS="-l debug -d 9"

Also consider to run it in forground.
Some warnings to to stderr.
Like:

/usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/kolabd -l debug -d 9 --user kolab --pid-file
/run/kolabd/kolabd.pid
/usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/wallaced -l debug -d 9 --user kolab
Or just use screen for that and log the output to stderr.

kolab_smtp_access_policy uses pykolab framework.

Rgds.

Franz