group.add API

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Wed Aug 12 17:09:56 CEST 2015

On Monday August 10 2015 11:45:24 Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> > Almost all methods for the group Service has no documentation.  I'm
> > looking to batch script creation of a large amount of distribution lists,
> > so we do not have to manually re-enter them.
>
> I have now added some documentation for group.info and group.add:
> https://docs.kolab.org/architecture-and-design/kolab-wap-api.html#the-group-> service

Thanks!  That was exactly what I was looking for.

> One way of getting the right parameters is to add a Log::error call in
> /usr/share/kolab-webadmin/lib/Auth/LDAP.php, eg in method group_add:
> Log::error("group_add ".print_r($attrs,true));
> Then add a group in the webadmin panel, and check
> /var/log/kolab-webadmin/errors for the output.

This was excellent advice, and proved very useful as not only does the
debugging show from the webadmin panel, but also the API calls.   So I could
see what was being received.

> Feel free to improve the documentation, when you investigate more functions:
> http://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2015/07/01/submitting-patches-kolab
> -phabricator

I will definitely take a look at this, possibly after I finish with this
deployment.

Thanks for the help!

Andy