external mail: help needed in setting up getmailrc (destination section)

m00nraker [m00nraker@gmx.net] m00nraker at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 15:15:53 CEST 2015

Hi list.

I'm using Kolab 3.4 on CentOS 7 in a local area network, not reachable from the internet. I
wanted to get/download external mails from some ISPs via. getmail and let getmail deliver these
mails to a specific kolab user.

Can someone help me with configuring getmail for kolab?

My getmailrc looks like this:

[default]
verbose = 1
message_log = ~/.getmail/log
message_log_verbose = true
allow_root_commands = true

[retriever]
type = SimplePOP3SSLRetriever
server = pop.gmx.net
port = 995
username = bla at gmx.net
password = airinhead
use_apop = false

[destination]
type = MDA_external
# path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
# path = /usr/bin/procmail
# path = /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver
# arguments = ("-f %(sender)", "%(recipient)")
# user = ?

Some other details from my installation:
john.doe at site.lan is my Kolab user (= Roundcube-Login)
UUID = doe (in kolab-webadmin/system for user doe, john)

My problem is setting up the destination section. I have no clue, how I let getmail deliver mails
to a specific kolab user, in my case john.doe at site.lan.
Which MDA should I choose, which arguments and what is the username? john.doe at site.lan is
not accepted as a username.

Can you help please? Maybe someone can post his working getmailrc here?
Thx in advance.

Kai

P.S. I tried it with fetchmail. That works, but I would prefer getmail.