Kolab and remote LDAP authentication?

Constantin Oesterling constantin.oesterling at javapipe.com
Sat Apr 11 11:13:03 CEST 2015

Hello Kolab Users,

we recently moved to Kolab as a mail system and it's great so far. Now I
want to go one step further and use our Kolab as a centralized
authentication server for VPN logins for example. I'm not familar with
LDAP setups, so considering nothing listens on the typical LDAP ports
with a default Kolab setup on CentOS 7, I wonder what the best approach
would be to archive the goal I have in mind: be able to connect to the
Kolab server via LDAP clients in order to authenticate with it (just
using the Kolab users added through the GUI, so same as email).

If someone could point me in the right direction or even provide an
example, it would be greatly appreciated.

--
*Constantin Oesterling*
JavaPipe LLC/