Setup Kolab 3.4: Problem with 389

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue Apr 7 16:34:46 CEST 2015

Hello Jochen,

On Di, 2015-04-07 at 14:19 +0200, Jochen Hein wrote:
> Daniel Helgenberger <daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de> writes:
>
> > From the beginning:
> > I am starting out with two test VMs, one CentOS7.1 (preferred) and for
> > validation CentOS6.6, both minimal install. Since I did not find any
> > system recommendations, I have set the VM to:
> > - one core
> > - 2GB mem
>
> That should work fine - I also run a family server with 1GB and one core.
>
> > FQDN setup in /etc/hosts;
>
> Please show that line in /etc/hosts.
>
> > /var/log/kolab/setup.out.log:
> > Hostname 'kolab.sdf.com' is valid, but none of the IP addresses
> > resolve back to kolab.sdf.com
> > - address 192.168.0.50 resolves to host kolab
>
> I guess you hosts has:
> 192.168.0.50      kolab kolab.sdf.com
You where absolutely right. I did this out of routine it seems.

> Please use
> 192.168.0.50    kolab.sdf.com   kolab
Done - kolab-setup is running now.

> Jochen
Thanks!

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767