Exchange ActiveSync with Windows 8 People, Calendar and Mail Apps

J Chen jxc7871 at outlook.com
Sun Sep 28 22:59:51 CEST 2014

I need to get some help from the experts here on this issue I have been experiencing since I installed Kolab 3.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

My Android phone can sync with Kolab's Contacts, Calendar and Mails successfully via its stock EAS account. But I couldn't make it work on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1.

I was able to create the EAS account on Surface Pro 3 but it complained that sync is not possible. To help you understand the issue better, I have attached the kolab-syncroton console file. There is no obvious errors found myself but I'm pretty sure you can find more info there. Feel free to ask for more data if needed.

I searched the whole mailing list but found no one mentioning this issue therefore I figure I need to open a new topic for that.

Thanks a lot for your input in advance.