Roundcube performance

Enrico Tagliavini enrico.tagliavini at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 20:15:47 CEST 2014

Hi Friedemann,

as I said in previous mails, imapproxy was indeed improving performance
quite a bit, but unfortunately it breaks roundcube for me, as in unread
messages are no more displayed when using imapproxy.

With some recent, after my last message, optimization at VM level (enabled
Linux aio and removed the cache for virtio disk), and still with TLS
disabled (totally fine since roundcube and imapd are still on the same
host), I can see not much difference anymore between with and without
proxy. Still message refresh / load / listing is very slow, almost always
over 2 seconds.

I will try what Toke suggested, but I have not much hope to be honest. I
was aware of those 2 directories, but I don't think it makes any difference
for an almost single user imap server.... IOops should not to be a limiting
factor when you have a only one active user 95% of the time.

Anyway thank you to you both for you suggestions, being very short on ideas
any help is very appreciated.

Best regards
Enrico