update from kolab 3.1 to 3.3

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Wed Sep 17 15:58:10 CEST 2014

I moved kolab for a customer from an server to a new one.
I have had the opportunity to try the new version, 3.3

So I performed a clean install of 3.3 on the new server. (both servers are
Debian Wheezy)

The setup-kolab stoped once and failed to populate the sql database but the
rest of configuration worked.
I created the databases from my dump (
http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/machinet/debian/kolab-3.1.sql)  ; it worked but
there are some minor changes from 3.1 to 3.3 , i added 3 or 4 fields manually;
The multidomain patch from Timotheus Pokorra I used for 3.1 failed but I
manage to manually adjust postfix and cyrus for multidomain.

Because there are only few users, i created them again on the new server.
After that I stopped postfix and cyrus and performed a rsync from the old
server to the new one. ( I think is not the best ideea but is fast)

After that, everything worked but I didn't see any contact.
When I check folders in roundcube the content was correctly reported ( number
of contacts).
I created a new contact in "Personal Contacts" ( old contacts where in
"Contacts") and move it in "Contacts". I think this forced an reindex (or
cache expiration?) and all contacts appeared .

After all it wasn't so hard :)

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro