Kolab 3.3: Roundcube Files Tab non-functional?

Johannes Graumann mailing.lists at graumannschaft.org
Sun Sep 7 22:51:18 CEST 2014

Johannes Graumann <mailing.lists <at> graumannschaft.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> My 3.3 setup (Enterprise edition) works like a charm, however the "Files"
> tab in roundcube is non functional:
> - There is a "Files" folder in my imap hierarchy, which is marked as type
> "files" and the default location;
> - https://<MYSERVER>/chwala/ allows me to log on and operate
> - Choosing the File tab in roundcube shows me the empty infrastructure. If I
> try to add a folder everything freezes and nothing happens.
>
> I have tried prowling the logs for info, but have come up empty. What ports
> URLs must be accessible for this to work? Maybe its firewalling/nginx
proxying?

> Any hint is highly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely, Joh

Given that the kolab installation is behind an https-enforcing nginx proxy,
two things made this partially work:
1) /etc/roundcube/default.inc.php must have
   $config['use_https'] = true;
2) /etc/roundcube/kolab_filesinc.php must have:
   $config['kolab_files_url'] = 'https://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . '/chwala/';
   NOTE THE 'HTTPS'!

roundcube/chwale integration now works MOSTLY - the only thing that remains
broken is saving to cloud and attaching from cloud. No errors in the logs
again ... pointers?

Sincerely, joh