was: smtp policy mysql bug ?

Sebastian Walter mail at swalter-it.com
Fri Sep 5 14:55:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same problems as described in this thread:

http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2014-March/thread.html#16917

Has this been solved in the meantime? If yes, how?

These are the symptoms:

After some time running, sending mails doesn't work anymore.
In /var/log/maillog, I get entries like these:

postfix/smtpd[24806]: warning: premature end-of-input on
private/recipient_policy_incoming while reading input attribute name
postfix/spawn[24807]: warning: command
/usr/libexec/postfix/kolab_smtp_access_policy exit status 1

At the same time, mariadb is locked.

The only way to get the system back running, is to restart mysqld and
then empty the policy_result table manually.

But after half a day or so, the sending of mails locks again.

Any help would be great.

Regards, Sebastian