Roles & Groups

Stuart Naylor StuartIanNaylor at inbox.com
Wed Sep 3 05:29:17 CEST 2014

Haven't really got Roles & groups into my thick skull.

Are groups purely distribution groups?

I created a shared folder and thought OK cool and a group to the permissions on that.
Seems you can only add individual users as the group permissions didn't seem to work.

So if anybody can give me a primer on groups and roles.

I am struggling to see the difference or understand the difference between a role and group.

Also with roles where do you set what that role can do.

I will leave it as that as its obvious I am confused maybe someone can just supply a bit of info
to this noob.

Stuart.