Kolab policy with alias domains

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Tue Sep 2 16:22:48 CEST 2014

Okay. just to compare

This is your full submission_sender_restrictions right?
submission_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender,
check_policy_service unix:private/submission_policy,
permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
One more question:
is your mail address configured as "alias" or "mailAlternateAdress"
the later one is only to add external mail addresses. Only mail and
alias
should be used for internal mail addresses that the user is allowed to
use.

I get the same error message when my Kolab Account and the mail
addresses are not configured properly! (use mail+alias not external)
Please check your LDAP entry using the following command:

ldapsearch -xW -b "dc=dotlan,dc=info" -D "cn=Directory Manager"
"mail=daniel.hoffend at dotlan.info" mail alias mailAlternateAddress
# doe, People, example.org
dn: uid=doe,ou=People,dc=exampe,dc=org
mail: john.doe at example.org
alias: john at example.org
alias: mail at myexample.org
mailAlternateAddress: john.doe at gmail.com

Results:
* sending with john.doe at example.org -> OK
* sending with john at example.org -> OK
* sending with mail at myexample.org -> OK
* sending with john.doe at gmail.com -> REJECT: Could not find envelope
sender user ...

I hope this makes it clear.

One more thing regaring the policies:
You might want to reset your policy_result cache (once you fixed your
account) otherwise it can get wrong results;

mysql -u root -p -D kolab -e "TRUNCATE TABLE policy_result";

regards
Daniel