Kolab policy with alias domains

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Tue Sep 2 14:00:57 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastian

>From what I understand:
* The user's primary_mail is withing the primary_domain of this instance
(user at example.org)
* You can send and authenticate via your primary mail yes?
* You can't send emails when choosing an alias from myexample.org as
from address

Here are my questions:
* Do you have this problem when using roundcube or only when using a
external mail client
* are you authenticating your primary_mail when trying to send from an
alias (which should be the right/best way)
* Most important: Are you using SMTP Port 587 (submission) for sending
or do you try sending emails via Port 25?

Regards
Daniel