Problems installing Kolab in Ubuntu

Pablo Casais Solano pcasais at ieee.org
Mon Sep 1 01:56:24 CEST 2014

Hi all,

   My name is Pablo Casais and I'm new to Kolab. I'm trying to install
Kolab on my own server and I'm facing some issues. My system is a Ubuntu
server 14.04 and I'm following the instructions that I've found on
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/ubuntu.html

   However after completing the installation and running the setup-kolab
command the web interface to administer kolab is not working. I can see
that there's an Apache 2 service installed but the kolab-webadmin folder
does not exist.

   Reviewing the installation I can see that there were the following
messages:

Dependency problems prevent configuration of kolab-webclient:
 kolab-webclient depends on chwala; however:
  Package chwala is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on irony; however:
  Package irony is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on kolab-freebusy; however:
  Package kolab-freebusy is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on kolab-syncroton; however:
  Package kolab-syncroton is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on roundcubemail (>= 0.9); however:
  Package roundcubemail is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu; however:
  Package roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on roundcubemail-plugin-threadingasdefault;
however:
  Package roundcubemail-plugin-threadingasdefault is not configured yet.
 kolab-webclient depends on roundcubemail-plugins-kolab (>= 3.0); however:
  Package roundcubemail-plugins-kolab is not configured yet.

   It seems that quite a few of the plugins and the webclient are not
configured. I've tried everything I can but I have had no success so I
thought that maybe you guys could point me on what I'm doing wrong and
where I can find some help to get Kolab working.

   Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Pablo C.

---
There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels