Multi-domain, can't login to second domain with uid

Honza Burian burian.honza at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:16:57 CET 2014

Hi Torsten,

thanks for your reaction. Ok, I see what do you mean.
I thought that this is possible of course only if uid is unique trough
all of the domains. But this is not possible, right?

One more point.
When I login with <uid> only, then the ldap bind look like this (from
dirsrv/acces log):
SRCH base="ou=People,dc=firstdomain,dc=tld" scope=2
attrs="displayName mail alias nsRoleDN uid"

But when I login with <uid>@seconddomain.tld then ldap bind is like this:
SRCH base="ou=People,dc=seconddomain,dc=tld" scope=2
attrs="displayName mail alias nsRoleDN
uid"
And there is also second bind which correspond with ldap_filter
settings in /etc/imapd.conf:
SRCH base="dc=seconddomain,dc=tld" scope=2
)" attrs="1.1"

Is that correct?

I think that yesterday I saw in the log file in the second case
something like:
But I'm not sure. And also when I try to change config files to use
only uid for the second domain I probably do something bad, because
then I login trough imap / web client and I didn't saw any folders
with error that mailbox doesn't exist. So probably I something
misconfigured. So then I overwrite all changed config files from
backup.

Regards John