Subfolder Adressing for shared folders in Kolab 3.3 - 550-Mailbox unknown

Marco Zanon info at marcozanon.com
Mon Oct 20 14:22:24 CEST 2014

(reposting to the list)

Hi Thomas,

> I tried, but get now directly in smtpd
>
> 550 5.1.1 <kolab+shared.list.kolab/kolab-users@
>
> In my former approaches mail got processed by amavis and rejected by lmtp.

from what I read in the document you pointed out, this sounds ok to me,
just see Problems > Posting to shared folders:
"As described on this page anyone from the outside may send emails
directly to the shared folder by using the special syntax
kolab+shared.foldername at yourdomain.com (given that you provided the
anonymous or anyone user with post access rights for the shared folder
foldername).
This does not work out of the box at the moment. If you send mail to a
shared folder with the correct access rights you will probably receive
the message "service unavailable: Command output: Failed to set
recipient: Invalid response code received from server, code 550"
The problem is that when the folder is created, there is no virtual
mapping for any address to that mailbox in postfix. The mailbox is
sitting there, and you can access it via cyrus in a mail client. Move
messages in and out etc. But when you send mail to it postfix can not
find a user for that address. So to get around this, we add a new Vcard
for the address : kolab+shared.foldername at yourdomain.com. That way there
is a virtual mapping available for that address and mails should get
delivered to this address."

so maybe you could try opening kolab-webadmin and adding a Contact named
kolab+shared.list.kolab/kolab-users at mydomain...

thanks,
--
Marco Zanon
Web: http://www.marcozanon.com