Resourcesinvitation not working in 3.3 ! (pypthon solved, but)

Torsten Grote torsten at kolab.org
Sun Nov 23 23:39:42 CET 2014

Hi Franz,

On Sunday 23 November 2014 15:35:17 Franz Skale wrote:
> i would like to contribute but there are some questions to be answered
> first.

That's great! :)
I try to help as much as I can.

> The kolab.org screenshot of the 3.3 resource feature shows much more
> details as proposed in version 3.3
> So i checked the git repo and found some fixes and addons, which are not
> part of the 3.3 distribution and therefore cannot work with 3.3. (dated
> 21.08.2014)

I'm not really sure what you refer to here. The general rule is that we allow
only fixes in an already released Kolab.org, no new features. You are welcome
to package fixes that haven't made their way into 3.3 yet.

> 1.) Freebusy for resources. (found a hint in roundcube-plugins-kolab git
> repo)

If that didn't make its way into 3.3 already, it would be considered a new
feature.

> 2.) Itip handling on shared calendars (roundcube doens't find the
> calendar and shows that there's no entry corresponding to the invitation)

That sounds like an issue which should first go through bugzilla. Is it
reported there already?

> 3.) Details on resource groups ? (where can i add details, shown in the
> kolab.org screenshot of resource-groups ?)

If that didn't make its way into 3.3 already, it would be considered a new
feature scheduled for 3.4.

> So, what version (development tree ?) i should use, to get thinks working ?

Fixes would be submitted here:

    https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/show/Kolab:3.3:Updates

If not already done, new features are going to get packaged here:

    https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/show/Kolab:Development

A general introduction in working with OBS, can be found here:

    http://docs.kolab.org/developer-guide/packaging/index.html
    https://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2013/11/04/howto-improve-debian-packages-using-obs

Kind Regards,
Torsten