Some actual user questions / Calendar / Archive

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Mon Nov 17 22:28:09 CET 2014

On Thu, 2014-11-13 at 11:50 +1300, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On 11/13/2014 02:31 AM, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > I see, so nothing special out-of-the box. Just a fancy name for a
> > folder.
>
> Well no. It is the folder used for the email archive of the webclient.

Hmm, well, from my point of view just naming a folder 'Archive' doesn't
make it an archive. It's still just a normal folder where people can
change / move / delete mail.

I'm just a bit worried my users might be getting wrong expectations when
seeing an 'Archive' button. But honestly I'm not really sure what I
would expect myself :)

So how is the archive-folder usually used? Do you guys implement stuff
like revision-safe archiving for mails that get placed there? Or is it
mostly used with cheap/slow storage? Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Conny