Kolab + FreeIPA

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:46:49 CET 2014

That is indeed a little bit vague, I was not 100% sure on IRC how this
would be looked like too... here is the log:

11:52 < kanarip> YamakasY, how you use ldap is really your choice, you
don't have to do any hierarchy
11:52 < kanarip> kolab consumes ldap, it doesn't have any requirements to ldap
11:53 < YamakasY> kanarip: but for shared stuff it needs it it seems,
have you seen the mailing from Carlos about what he did on freeipa,
which is flat ?
11:53 < kanarip> create the user accounts kolab uses, wherever you
create them, and set all of the *base_dn options to whatever root you
will want to search
                 for objects
11:54 < YamakasY> but what about shared ?
11:54 < YamakasY> that seems to need an OU ?
11:54 < YamakasY> ou != group
11:55 < kanarip> who shared, what shared?
11:56 < YamakasY> kanarip: sharedfolder_base_dn, etc
11:57 < kanarip> ...
11:57 < YamakasY> kanarip: that are ou's
11:59 < kanarip> those are search base dns
11:59 < kanarip> whether in a hierarchy or in a flat tree, all
searches require a base dn
12:00 < kanarip> ergo ...
12:00 < kanarip> set this to the base dn of the flat hierarchy
12:00 < YamakasY> ok, for all the three ou's?
12:01 < kanarip> ...