Kolab 3.2 @Ubuntu 14.04 missing packages

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun May 18 00:59:31 CEST 2014

On Sunday 18. May 2014 00.03.42 duffy dug wrote:

> I wanted to install Kolab 3.2 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04.
> But it seems, necessary packages (e.g., kolab-cli) are missing
> in the repository listed here:
> http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/ubuntu.html
> The missing packages are available for older Ubuntu releases.

kolab-cli is provided by the pykolab source package, so maybe that package's
build process is failing on Ubuntu 14.04.

> Who can help getting the repo correct? Or has someone
> successfully installed Kolab 3.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 and can help?

I imagine some indicator in the OBS admin panel might show that there is a
build failure somewhere, but the only thing I see when browsing around is the
helpful "locked" status. For example, for those with a login:

https://obs01.kolabsys.com/package/show?package=pykolab&project=Kolab%3A3.2

But I'm guessing that at some point pykolab just didn't build and that's why
you don't see any packages in the repository. Maybe you could try and build
the package yourself on Ubuntu 14.04 and find out what the error is, but
that's perhaps a rather more complicated process that demands some familiarity
with Debian/Ubuntu development.

Paul