Updates

Christian Hügel christian.huegel at stonebyte.de
Thu May 15 18:57:53 CEST 2014

Am 15.05.2014 18:42, schrieb Aeneas Jaißle:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014, 16:13:48 schrieb Hügel, Christian:
>> Am 13-05-2014 16:34, schrieb Hügel:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> today there are some updates for CentOS available:
>>>
>>> Updating:
>>>  cyrus-imapd                  x86_64              2.5-2.7.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab                        noarch
>>> 3.1.1-20.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-cli                    noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-conf                   noarch
>>> 3.1.1-20.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-imap                   noarch
>>> 3.1.1-20.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-ldap                   noarch
>>> 3.1.1-20.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-mta                    noarch
>>> 3.1.1-20.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-saslauthd              noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-server                 noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  kolab-webclient              noarch
>>> 3.1.1-20.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  mozldap                      x86_64
>>> 6.0.5-28.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  mozldap-tools                x86_64
>>> 6.0.5-28.3.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  postfix-kolab                noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  pykolab                      noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  pykolab-xml                  noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>  wallace                      noarch
>>> 0.6.12-10.12.el6.kolab_3.2
>>>

>>> Are there any Changelogs?
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> I don´t want to be picky on this but IMO it would be nice to have also a
>> changelog released with the updates? Is there a technical or
>> organizational issue why it isn´t done?
>>
>> Thx
>>
>> Chris
>
> Chris,
>
> a thing to add: if you're looking for detailed changelogs of version changes, you can of course look at commits in the git repositories[1]. If you want to see the commit changes, you can take a look at OBS directly [2].
>
> For example, you can find the changes for pykolab (and kolab-cli, kolab-saslauthd, kolab-server, postfix-kolab, pykolab-xml and wallace) here[3] (git) and here[4] (OBS).
>
> [1] http://git.kolab.org/
> [2] https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/show?project=Kolab:3.2:Updates
> [3] http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/log/?h=pykolab-0.6
> [4] https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/revisions?package=pykolab&project=Kolab:3.2:Updates

Hi Aeneas,

thank you for your reply. I understand your point but picking the right
changes in git.kolab.org is not that easy for a person who didn't worked
with git before.
I was thinking about something like this:

http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog

or this:

https://bugs.freenas.org/projects/freenas/issues?query_id=75

clear and easy to read for everyone.

Btw. how is the version policy applying to kolab itself? Right now we
have 3.2 but if the versions of the components increases shouldn't do
the version of kolab itself increase?

Btw. your obs links are not accessible (401 Unauthorized)

Thks,

Chris

Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature