high load (wait) from cyrus - after restart kolabd it improves for a while

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Wed May 14 12:44:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,

we have a continually high load on our kolab-mailserver. There are two
"imapd -s" processes which produces high disk i/o and results in a load
from 2.5 to 3 and more.

The server should be sufficiant for our ~ 300 users. We've had an kolab
2.3 installation running with no problems.

After restarting kolabd the load decreases to 0.15 to 0.5  and the high
io of cyrus is gone (without restarting cyrus). After a while -
sometimes halve an our sometimes a couple of ours the load increases again.

Has anybody an idea how to debug the problem? What could be the reason?

Thanks and regards
Jan