Kolab 3.2 installation on OpenSUSE 13.1

Aeneas Jaißle aj at ajaissle.de
Thu May 8 12:50:25 CEST 2014

Am Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2014, 13:39:01 schrieb Alex Aranda:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm running into trouble when I try to install Kolab on OpenSUSE 13.1.
>
> when running zypper in kolab I get the following error
>
> Problem:  nothing provides mysql-server needed by
> kolab-3.1.1-20.1.kolab_3.2.noarch
> solution 1: do not install kolab-3.1.1-20.1.kolab_3.2.noarch
> solution 2: break kolab-3.1.1-20.1.kolab_3.2.noarch by ignoring some of
> it's dependencies.
>
> I've checked that I have a mysql-server installed and up by running the
> command #rcmysql status and the service is loaded and active.
>
> anyone know what I'm missing here?
>
> thanks in advance.

There is a dependency issue with these packages - they should require just 'mysql' instead of 'mysql-server' on openSUSE.
I submitted some changes to the packages at Kolab's OBS. When they get accepted, the packages should become installable.

BTW in a non productive test environment, you can of course break the dependencies and resolve them by hand:

    mysql-server -> mysql
    MySQL-python -> python-mysql
    svrcore -> libsrvcore0
    php-ZendFramework -> Search php5-ZendFramework on software.opensuse.org

--
    ____
  /@    ~-.     Aeneas Jaißle