kolab 3.2 and openldap

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Thu May 1 20:53:01 CEST 2014

I'm investigating upgrading to kolab 3.2.

I did a centos install of Kolab 3.2 and have some idea of what has changed.

Our whole infrastructure depends on our 7 openldap servers that are synced.
Even if I wanted to change to change to 389-ds I see no sane migration path.
Would be hellish  conversion to change the kolab and the entire enterprise in one step.

Is there any way to sync 389-ds to openldap that I'm not aware of?

Anyone actually using kolab 3.2 with openldap?
Comparing ldap dumps from 2.3.4 to 3.2 the changes look manageable.
Hopefully the monitor function works that same in both ldap servers.
I'd rather not have to manually make mailboxes.
We do not use kolab's user administration program.

John