Docker container for Kolab 3.1

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Wed Mar 26 23:00:29 CET 2014

Hello,

There was a thread in the past days about Kolab in an ISO image, or as
Turnkey Linux application or docker container.

I have been playing with LXC over the past weeks, and today with Docker as well.

This is the result for the moment:
http://www.pokorra.de/2014/03/building-a-docker-container-for-kolab-on-jiffybox/
http://www.pokorra.de/2014/03/installing-demo-version-of-kolab-3-1-with-docker/

At the moment I don't think running a production server from Docker is
reasonable, and it is not recommended by the Docker people either (<
version 1.0 of docker).
Therefore I have already run setup-kolab in the container, with a demo domain.
The whole purpose of my blog posts is to show how a docker image could
be built for Kolab, and it might help people with validating Kolab
with an easy installation. It is not perfect yet at all, and only
based on Kolab 3.1 since I did not have time to look into Kolab 3.2
yet.

All the best,
  Timotheus