Kolab 3.x Extension to handle secondary domains internally (Multi-domain patched)

Rickard Osser rickard.osser at lindist.se
Tue Mar 25 19:27:58 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully grasp what's going on inside of 389-dir and with
postfix but I see a big problem with actually handling secondary domains
in virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf manually in a hosting setting.

Especially if you put the responsibility for adding customers to some
"not so CLI oriented".

Maybe this could be solved by extending the ldap schema with
"domainRelatedObject" and populate it with the secondary domain-names
associated with the domain.

And then put something like:

query_filter = (&(associatedDomain=%s))
result_attribute = associateddomain

to find the domains in mydestination.cf

As I said, this is just a suggestion or a test-balloon...
So, shoot it down? or let it find freedom! :)

Best regards,
--
Rickard Osser
Manager