unwanted sender header via smtp submission [Was: Multiple Identities: Anonymity]

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Wed Mar 26 01:24:01 CET 2014

On 2014-03-26 12:50, Aeneas Jaißle wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 25. März 2014, 15:34:23 schrieb hede:
>
>> Hi,
>

>> It seems the MUAs add those headers. At least in my case.
>

>> I've added a line "/^Sender:/ IGNORE"
>
>> to /etc/postfix/header_checks.submission and now the header has
> vanished.
>

>> But that's not a solution, it's just a test. Because it will even
> get
>
>> removed if the header is desired and not set by accident...
>

>> Yet the question how to suppress this in roundcube and android
> k9mail is
>
>> still open.
>

>> regards
>
>> hede
>
> Did you take a look at "smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header" (maybe as an
> option in /etc/postfix/master.cf)?
>
> --

Yes that is on for the MSA, but that only covers what gets put in the
Received header.  I set it to no to try it any way and there was no
difference.

I just changed the Bynari connector to send through port 25 unencrypted
and unauthenticated and did a wireshark capture of the session.  In this
case there is only one Sender header sent from the client and there
isn't an additional Sender header added.

So either it is the MSA side of Postfix or the TLS/Authenticated code
path in the Bynari Connector.  Still leaning towards the MSA myself, but
having a tough time proving and figuring out why it is doing it.

Still looking.

Regards

Mike