sieve vs amavis for spam filter rules

Henning henne.gwath at gmx.de
Mon Mar 24 20:37:49 CET 2014

Sieve and Amavis are designed for different purposes: Filtering/sorting
and spam filtering.
Using amavis/spamassassin for spam filtering has the advantage that it
has some learning-features, so it gets better the longer you use it
(network checks (razor, pyzor, dcc), BayesDB).

Additionally you can write custom rules
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

There is a nice spamassassin plugin for roundcube, which allows
user-level configuration.

My advice: sort with sieve, filter spam with amavis.

Henning