sieve vs amavis for spam filter rules

Christian Hügel christian.huegel at stonebyte.de
Mon Mar 24 20:20:10 CET 2014

I'm experiencing some problem connecting with sieveshell to the server:

sieveshell --user=test at example.com localhost
connecting to localhost
unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 190.

The sieve server is listening to localhost:

[root at kolab Roundcube]# netstat -an | grep 4190
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4190                0.0.0.0:*
    LISTEN
tcp        0      0 :::4190                     :::*
    LISTEN

Does anyone has a hint why the connection fails?

Kind regards,

Christian