Shared folders experience

Thierry De Leeuw thierry at avanco.be
Thu Mar 6 12:13:01 CET 2014

Hi,

I have some problems with shared folders. I am using Kolab 3.2 on centos 6.5

The first one has been solved on IRC: If you have multiple domains, you
MUST add a line like below for each domain to the /etc/postfix/transport
(and of course run postmap) in order to have the mails delivered to the
shared folders
shared at mydomain.comlmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

Once you have shared the folder, you need to define the acl (example
kolab sam "<my shared folder>" myself at mydomain.com full).

Now I can receive mail to the shared folder

Now the remaining issues:
1. In roundcube, I cannot specify the identity of th shared mailbox (I
have a drop down that only lists the mail and aliases of the currently
logged on user and not the mail and aliases of the shared folders). In
the screencast of Jeroen van Meeuwen, the field is a free text box, in
my setup it is a drop down list. Of course ideally, a drop down with all
the possibilities would be best ;-)

2. In ActiveSync, on my iPhone, even after having selected the shared
folders in the "folders to synchronize" section of the ActiveSync
option, the shared folders do not appear on the list of folders (other
"traditional" folders (like spam, deleted, ...) appear correctly). Note
that the shared calendar works fine.

Does anyone has experienced those issues and found a solution?

Thanks!

Thierry